This is a brief overview of the new LC3 simulator. This LC3 Simulator is written and maintained by Michael Bartling and Jimmy Brisson. It includes the QtLC3 and pyLC3 frameworks.
- Simple C++ design
- Watch Points
- Break Points
- Interrupt handling
- Cross Platform (Windows, Linux, Mac)
- Python Integration (pyLC3)
- Automated Testing/Grading
- unittest examples
- All public simulator functions exposed to Python
- Python Function callbacks on watchpoints/breakpoints
- Qt5 GUI (Under Construction) (QtLC3)
- Matlab style help system. Renders interactive HTML help pages
- Interactive LC3 ISA tutorial planned
- Python Scripting console
- LC3 Terminal
- Vim-style keyboard shortcuts (including marks) for traversing memory quickly
- Responsive + reconfigurable windows
Full Source Code on Github!
Building the Source
$> mkdir build && cd build $> cmake .. $> make
The last line compiles a shared object which we can import directly into python 2.7
#!/usr/bin/env python2.7 import pylc3 ...
Checkout this example automated assignment test script!